Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wrapping Christmas Presents

My ancient television set finally conked out.  I bought it in 1990.  I knew it was going to go, but its a Magnavox in a nice wooden cabinet, so I wanted to keep it around.  I think I am going to have someone take the old picture tube and speakers out, and replace them with a nice shelf, and then I'm going to buy myself a new flat screen tv that will fit right inside of the cabinet.

I went to South Whitley to my Mother's house and helped her wrap all of her Christmas presents.  I expected I would be wrapping all of our family's presents from her, but it turned out she has also purchased presents for all of her friend, Guy's family, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren as well!   So I wrapped everything.  I left this morning about 9:30 and stopped at Comcast to drop off the cable box I've been using on the old tv, and then I drove to South Whitley.  I wrapped presents for a very long time.  We took off and went out to the restaurant that used to be "Kenny's Drive-In" and now is a Mexican restaurant.  The food was good.

I think that my Christmas schedule is going to be that on Saturday the 23rd, my friend Becky and her kids are coming over for pizza and presents.  On Sunday, I am driving to Guy's house (mother's boyfriend) in Pierceton for a Christmas Dinner.  And then I will probably come home Christmas eve, and then Christmas morning I will drive to South Whitley to have Christmas at my brother's house with all of our family...except Zach who probably won't make it.

I should probably go to my mother's to stay on Christmas eve, and then I only have to drive 3 miles to Jan's house....instead of 26 miles...and that would save me about 30 miles from Guy's house to my house, 'cause it's only 8 miles from Pierceton to mother's house....however, Fritzie kitty should not be left alone overnight.  He will eat my Christmas tree and he will be very lonely.   I left him alone today, and he was a bit put out.  He thinks I'm supposed to be here all the time.    I adopted him from the SPCA...it will be two years in January.  His name was Moses then, and I was going to adopt him in July or August of '04, but never got around to it.  I'd seen him on television.  Then I ended up in the hospital with the open-heart surgery in September 04, so then I had to wait to get recovered from that, so I adopted him in January when I saw him on tv again.  They said he'd been returned twice because he had behavior problems.  He does have "fear issues", but he's a nice little cat, and I changed his name to Fritz.  My old cat that died in June of 04 was named Fred, and Fritz is a nickname for Fred.  The angel in my book is named Fred...and the teddy bear in my book is named Threadbare Fred Bear.  I think my spirit guide might be my old friend Fred too.  Wonder whatever happened to George. 

I'm so sleepy I'm getting loopy, and kinda silly.   I think I'll go to bed early tonight.  Nite nite.  Love and Kisses....Jana

No comments: