Wednesday, December 20, 2006

White Elephants Again...Better than Pink Ones???

I went to that Xmas party last night, and I went around the house and picked up a cup I didn't pick out for myself that I've never been too fond of, stuffed one of the kitchen towels I've been crocheting into it, and wrapped it with a couple of crocheted hot pads.  I dumped a bracelet that I'll never wear into it, and wrapped it all up.   I hope it or parts of it are appreciated by the recipient.    For my White Elephant present,  I got a bag with some Christmas cheer type things, including a poem that was written for the Christmas party, three jingle bells, two candles and a star, a Christmas Music CD, and a "Snowman Building Kit".   The only problem I see is that all of that takes up more space than the stuff I put in my package.  I could burn the candles, use the star for a bird feeder, put the CD in with my Christmas music, but what to do with the Snowman Kit?   No Snow So Far this year.  And that's okay with me.  The bells are too big for the cat, but I could tie them onto a holiday wreath on my front door.

What's with the no snow do you suppose?  And don't tell me it's got anything to do with global warming!  You know Al Gore invented global warming don't you?  Who told me that?  

I love Christmas, but I am looking forward to summer at the lake again next year.  It is so calm there, and quiet. 

I would be there now, except I don't want to sit inside, and it's cold outside. 

Perhaps if I had my own place at the lake, decorated the way I'd like, then it would be more conducive to peace and quiet at the lake.   

I am not crazy about the "rustic" look some people have in their cottages.  I'd prefer the "cottagey" look, clean, neat,  pale colors, and serenity.  Nothing red!   I like pinks, but red is kind of scarey.

The above is just in case Santa is reading my blog, and is working on getting me that place at the lake I have on my list.  In that regard, Red Roses and Red Bows on presents doesn't turn me off.

See, I really am kind of silly.   But then what you see is what you get.  Love and kisses, Jana

No comments: