Thursday, December 14, 2006

Who and What We Are and Why It Matters

I've been reading a book by Sylvia Browne, who calls herself a psychic.   The name of the book is  Life on the Other Side.   I believe we're all psychic to some degree, some people just use it more productively than others.  Unfortunately, some claim to have the ability and then make things up while they go along. 

I'm psychic to the extent that I have what I call "psychic caller ID", i.e., when the telephone rings...if it is someone I know, I know who it is before I pick it up.  If it's a stranger, I guess I know that too.  If it's somebody I've just talked to on the phone, I always think, 'now why are they calling me back?' and I'm always right.  If it's someone I haven't heard from in a long time, I think I'm just imagining things.  Often times we will think of the person we haven't heard from in a long time, and then they call.  Generally we tell them " I was just thinking of you yesterday!" It's no coincidence!

This book is very interesting, and some of the things she has to say coincides with what I have learned here and there.  I do have the unusual ability to converse with people who have crossed over, sometimes.  Sometimes they are too busy to converse.  Sometimes I only get the sound of their voices.  Sometimes there is a short but sweet message.  Most of the time, I just want to tell them something, and I don't worry about whether I get an answer back.

In my writing, I sometimes will "contact" the Other Side asking for guidance with portraying a historical character with some accuracy.  Sometimes I ask for literary guidance.  Most times I don't ask, I just say "thank you for directing me in my writing." 

Anyway Sylvia's book is very interesting and very succinctly explains things I have only vaguely understood.  For that reason I believe her answers for things make a lot of sense.  And she claims to get these answers from her guides from the Other Side.  So if you don't believe in Guides from the Other Side, you might have trouble believing in the things she says, but her explanation about some of the concepts on the Other Side are very, very interesting and make a lot of sense.  I found this book very comforting.  In particular I found her statement "there is no such thing as death" to be the most comforting thing of all.  Inasmuch as I have spoken to people who have crossed over, I know they are very near to us. 

I also have an understanding that we live a life on this plane of existence in order to learn certain lessons.  Hard to take is the understanding we have chosen the lives we live.  Well, actually, our souls chose the lives we live on earth  in order for us to grow and become more like Christ.   So in effect, the lives we live aren't really "God's Plan" for us, but the Plan that our Souls have chosen for our growth.    At this age, I can say that I have learned some lessons, and that my understanding has grown.  

I believe one of the goals of this existence on Earth for me was to learn patience!   Boy have I!!!  Another goal, I believe was to learn Tolerance.  I'm working on that one too.  I have become much more tolerant than I was in the beginning.  Although I was born an Aquarian and came with a certain degree of tolerance for others, I find I still have some prejudices that I have to deal with.  One of those I'm working on, is tolerance for those who are downright evil, and tolerance for those who are downright stupid!

(I'll write some more on this later...come back to see what I have to say....I have to get ready for a Xmas party at Bear Creek Farms.  I am going with my friend Eleanor...this should be interesting, a bunch of Realtors.)

No comments: