Friday, December 22, 2006

Darfur. Let's All Help (See my tongue in my cheek?)

I've been watching various advertisements put out by celebrity types about how we ought to come to the aid of Darfur.  They want us to do this because there are people being murdered in Darfur.  People are starving in Darfur.  Bad people are hurting nice people in Darfur.  

Wow.  I wonder how we could point out to them they could go back in time about seven years, and substitute the letters IRAQ for DARFUR.  

How is this different?   Well, probably, because they want us to give them lots of money (we tried that with Iraq...remember?), and talk nice to the people in charge in Darfur (we tried that with Iraq...remember?) and talk to the people in the UN and see if they can't solve this problem diplomatically (we tried that with Iraq...remember?).

Hey this is making me tired.  I think I'll go take a walk on my treadmill. 

I've got to get into the holiday spirit.  So far for Christmas I got three bells, a Christmas CD, two candles, and a Snowman Kit.   It's not working yet.  I've had the tree up since the Friday before Zach left for California. 

I am not depressed.  I'm happy.  I am looking in the mirror and making faces at myself.   Now I'm laughing!   I've got to go shopping. 

Merry Christmas and etc.   Love and Kisses, Jana

No comments: