Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Getting Rid of Christmas for 11 months at least

I had to call my handyman to come and help me get all of the boxes out of the attic.  I could climb up there, and I could probably get the boxes down, but either I would come crashing down as well, or the boxes would, so it always helps to have two people around to help get them down.

Now I have to systematically remove all of the Christmas decorations, and pack them into the boxes.  Then I have to call the handyman back to help put them into the attic again.   And then!   I am sending him up there to help me clear out the mess up there.  For thirty years people have been throwing things up there and not being careful about it.  Mixed among the treasures is a lot of trash.  So I am giving him big tubs to take up there and fill up.  Then when he brings them down two or three a week, I will go through them and clean out what is of value, and sell, give away or throw away the rest of it.  It's going to take me a year to get out of there.  Above my desk I have a note that says "Begin to free yourself at once by doing all that is possible with the means you have and as you proceed in this spirit the way will open for you to do more."   I want to move out of this house.  I never meant to be here for more than a couple of years!!  

While property all over the country has doubled and tripled in value, the property in this town isn't increasing much at all.   However, inasmuch as I traded some worthless land in Nevada and $2,000 for this house thirty years ago, I think it is probably increased somewhat, although I did put a good amount into making it better.

My friend, Becky's restaurant is going under.  She put a lot of money into it, and I feel bad about it.  I have been telling her for a year or more to stop throwing good money after bad, but now she's really gotten herself into a fix.  Hopefully she can come out of it all right.  There was a management problem, not Becky's.  Her son and his wife had everyone believing they were the owners, which caused some problems.    I can't do bankruptcies for businesses, so all I could do is recommend an attorney to do it for her.   Unfortunately I'm not certain the attorney who did the corporate work protected her as well as she could have been protected.

Well, if nothing else she's got me to bring a positive spin on things.  I have to also refer her to someone who can help her set up a trust for her son who has a form of cerebral palsy so that he will have protection as well.   There is a trust form that can accomplish that and still protect his social security.

Well, now I must figure out what's for supper.  I think some brown rice and yogurt would be a good start.

Everyone take care, love and kisses.  Jana

No comments: