Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Safe Trip - Now Mom Can Breathe!!

He made it!  Finally.  The trip was very eventful apparently.  But he made it to the apartment.  Then he had to figure out how to unload two truckloads of furniture, etc., with very little help.  I prayed "Thank you God for Zach meeting many new friends who will help him."

When I heard they'd purchased chains and were going to go through the snowy passes to the get there, I was holding my breath.  Under normal circumstances they should have gotten there in two hours or less.  However, I allowed for twice the time, and then got anxious.  I had my Atlas in my hands when I called.  He was nearly to his destination, he thought.  He called out the road turn offs, and I told him where he was and how close he was to his destination.    Then I let him go.     I talked to him about an hour later, and he was in his apartment trying to figure out how to get the trucks unloaded without any help.  Hopefully his Dad arrived with muscle to help him. 

When my Grandmother Terman was about 93 she told me, "your babies never leave your thoughts, not even when they are turning gray!"    I think she's right.  My mother often admonishes me to "be sure to dress nice" when I go to a meeting.   "Be careful when driving home" when I leave her house.   If she thinks I'm sad she calls me several times a day to make sure I'm all right.  She's 86 and I'm 65.    So if Zach thinks I'm ever going to stop worrying about him, he's wrong!  It's a mother's job to always worry about their children.  At least it is in our family.  It's a good job and I love it. 

No comments: