Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Life Changes

It seems as if everything keeps on changing all the time.  My son is moving 2400 miles away from his Mommy.  Well, but he actually moved away from Mom 5 or so years ago, it's just that he was only a few miles away all that time.  So now he's coming over day by day, and I'm cleaning out closets and sending stuff home with him.  He can pack them or give them away, but I'm clearing out my closets.  I will miss him terribly, and be a little scared that he's not close by to come to my rescue if I need help with anything, like my car or whatever.  However, at the same time I am anxious for him to get on the road and get moving, because he'll be moving forward to a new life, and I can move on at the same time.   I've got friends I can rely upon for help with things, and then there's Fritzie, my cat, who can give me a little love (when he's not trying to unravel my yarn or bite me...).  People keep reminding me that airplanes can bring people back together quickly if need be. 

All the same, new and exciting things keep happening, and I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring. 

I am writing ten or more pages per day on my new novel, Kekionga.  People are excited by the story so far.  I've been passing out chapters to my friends as I go.  They keep nagging at me because they don't want to be left hanging.   I love writing fiction.  I turn my fingers loose and they tell me stories.  And!!  I get to be the first person to read them!!!  That is fun in itself!!

In the meantime, I've had enough of being retired, so just so as not to be bored, I've signed up to do temporary paralegal work when and if it comes along.   Nothing can keep you from being bored like working in a law office.    I love the work, and it's never the same thing twice.

I wish my long lost friends would email me, and/or call me and give me their cell phone numbers and their email addresses, so that we could keep in touch.

No comments: