Sunday, May 3, 2009

Its Spring

It's very beautiful out today. Sunshine, and not too warm yet, but all the leaves are out on my maple trees in the backyard. These trees leaf out early and they are the last leaves to fall. Finally figured out (I asked) the yellow bushy things on the other side of the alley are bamboo. Who would have thought!! I am going to have to go over there and see if I can get some roots to plant. The place is abandoned. The place next to it is abandoned and has gorgeous ferns growing there that I transplanted years ago to my backyard. I think I will put the bamboo on the west fence line. There once was a time there were no trees in the yard at all, just a very dry sunny yard with nothing but grass. Now I have trees 40 or more feet tall. There are also thousands of tiny little trees growing under them. Anybody need a baby tree?

No comments: