Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Celebrities Political Views - A Turn Off?

Politics & Religion
Celebrities touting their views on politics and religion turn me off. Do they really think they're so important that their views are going to change our views? Yes they do! Do they change our views? I think they do, but most of the time all they change is our views of them to a negative. Those celebrities who share their views on politics have been known to turn me against them for that very reason.

Let's take Barry Manilow. I love his songs. I'm not sure I think much of his political views, and I'd just as soon he kept them to himself, so I could keep on enjoying his songs.

Let's take Sally Field's views on religion. I used to just love Sally Field, but I lost complete respect for her when she voiced her opinions about God's place in her winning an award.

I don't understand the intense hatred that exudes from people expressing their political views for the "other party". Don't they understand their hatred only reflects on themselves? I do feel there is a plus for the side I encourage, inasmuch as the intense hatred spewed by those on the other side merely intensifies the happenings of that which they don't want. It's how the Universe works!!

Be for the ones you want to win. Bless those you don't want to win. Bless those who express the anger against "your side" for their Universal support, even though they don't really mean to be working for your side.

No comments: