Monday, July 28, 2008

Cleaning Out the Closet

I was cleaning out a closet and I found one of a set of prints that used to hang over my kitchen table when I lived in an apartment in Champaign, Illinois...on 6th Street.  I took them down when I moved away from there and never put them back up.  They held special meaning for me.  Now, some 44 years later I found the one.  I have no idea what happened to the other.  The last time I paid any attention to them was about June of 1963.  I noticed they were hanging upside down.  I knew who turned them upside down and I thought for a moment he'd returned.  Then I realized I'd been so distraught for so many months I hadn't noticed he'd turned them upside down the last time he was there which was in January of 1963.    We were together briefly a couple years later, but there was so much to talk about and so many questions, I guess I didn't ask any or get any answers.  Oh well, we'll always have Disneyland.    I think I'll hang this print back up in my kitchen....maybe I'll hang it upside down.  Love and kisses....

No comments: